[TxMt] [XCode Bundle] BUILD_FOLDER environmental variable

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox at mac.com
Mon Jul 30 15:35:33 UTC 2007

Hello all,

It seems that the XCode bundle's Run and Build & Run commands assume that the build folder is in the same location as the (TextMate project file? XCode project file? [1]).

At least in my case, the build folder is somewhere else. The attached patch lets you override the default build folder location with an optional TM_XCODE_BUILD_FOLDER environmental variable. It also explicitly prints out where the XCode bundle is trying to launch the app from, to (hopefully) point people in the direction of TM_XCODE_BUILD_FOLDER.

On the topic of Xcode bundle patches, I also have one to provide a TM_XCODE_PRODUCT_NAME, for when you can't find the product name to run. I thought this just had something to do with my project's complex setup, but looking through the log of run_xcode_target.rb it seems the XCode bundle makes a few guesses which may not turn out (see log for r7057), and there's no way for the user to _force_ the issue. If TM_XCODE_PRODUCT_NAME would be useful, I'll send that in a separate email.

[1] Or maybe the XCode bundle is reading the information from the project file? If this is the case, my project uses a series of .xcconfig files to specify settings (including TARGET_BUILD_DIR / CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR), so that's why the default doesn't work for me....

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll try to resolve them.

Later,
_Ryan Wilcox

--
Wilcox Development Solutions:          <http://www.wilcoxd.com>
Toolsmiths for the Internet Age            PGP: 0x2F4E9C31