[TxMt] LaTeX Watch problem

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Jul 27 21:58:05 UTC 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 14:25, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> After some minutes I'm using LaTeX Watch (which BTW is
> simply wonderful and makes writing in latex a
> pleasure. Try it!) the Skim CPU cycles go up to 35% (also
> when both TextMate and Skim are not active or in
> the backgroutnd).

If you can sample Skim when this happens, we might be able to tell you
what's going on.  Use Activity Monitor or `sample Skim 5` in Terminal
(and that should probably go off-list).

> At the same time the process "ATSServer" goes above 20%.
> Pretty puzzling since this should be the ATSUI - Apple
> Type Service thing, how is this related with TeX?

Apple's PDF frameworks apparently use ATS underneath;
SendOFAStrikeMessage shows up in crash reports periodically.  You
might delete /Library/Caches/com.apple.ATS and reboot, since that
sometimes helps with ATS problems.

--
Adam