[TxMt] Latex Config and backward compatibility questions

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Thu Jul 26 18:35:09 UTC 2007

Mark,
As I said, it must be something with the environment.  Sure enough the one
thing I didn't remove from the old script and move into python was the
export TEXINPUTS command.  But this command was failing silently in the
shell script because the $TEX variable was no longer set.

I've fixed the code and checked it in.  I'm no longer seeing any errors with
url in my test.

Thanks again for being the xelatex tester.

Brad

On 7/26/07, Mark Eli Kalderon <eli at markelikalderon.com> wrote:

> Thanks Brad for checking this out.
>
> > I do know that if I add \usepackage{url} I get the same errors you
> > do about
> > a missing \begin document.  This makes me think that there is
> > something in
> > the environment or some other option that should be used to make
> > the url
> > package behave with xelatex.
>
> This can't be the case. As I mentioned, it successfully loads without
> errors when typeset from the command line.
>

> > Do you have some TM_LATEX_OPTIONS set in the project where you use
> > xelatex?
>
> No.
>
> > There is a bundle command called Configure  which also brings up the
> > configuration window, so you don't have to typeset a document to
> > find the
> > Configure button, you can choose it from the bundle menu before you
> > typeset.
>
> Sorry, I missed that.
>
> Best, Mark

Brad Miller