[TxMt] tm_dialog: add FileSelect + Appending Accessory Views

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jul 25 22:33:06 UTC 2007

On 25. Jul 2007, at 15:08, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> I wonder if it possible 'easily' to enhance tm_dialog in a way that
> one can also use it as FileSelect dialog, like CocoaDialog it does,
> in conjunction with an user-defined nib-file to append a CustomView
> to the predefined NSOpenPanel.
> [...]

Yeah, that shouldn’t be too hard. Are you asking because you want to
take a swing at it yourself, or because you’d like to see others add
it? Personally I probably won’t work much on tm_dialog until Leopard.

> [...]
> tm_dialog -f

Just a general thought, not directly related to your request, but IMO
tm_dialog is started to get too complex with respect to arguments,
and we have already sort of gathered some legacy stuff ;)

Maybe we should rethink the argument format before adding more. E.g.
action is the namespace specifier for the arguments.

I’d also like to change the convention related to the plist returned
-- returning the full model isn’t useful when binding arguments to
the action button. But maybe a better idea is to write a new shell
command with a much cleaner API and still just provide tm_dialog as-
is for backwards compatibility -- if this is done, it might be one of
those things which is best done when making a major version change.