[TxMt] key binding blues

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jul 25 22:27:55 UTC 2007

On 25. Jul 2007, at 22:06, Darren Hardy wrote:

> [...]
> my question is how do i ensure that my keybindings override
> everything? for example, TextMate uses ^h in lots of different
> bundles and i have to hand-edit a dozen different bundles to change
> ^h to something else. (i thought control- functions were reserved
> for user stuff?).

It is, but we mandated that after ⌃H was already in widespread use.
I am afraid that you’ll need to change all the bundles which use ⌃H.

I am aware that this is tedious, and a future version is likely going
to provide an alternative.

> also, is there anyplace that has the definitive documentation for
> what the keybindings are? (TextMate's 'Show Keyboard Shortcuts'
> isn't showing my changes).  i'm mostly interested in text
> navigation and basic word processing functions.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to the action methods
you can use in the key bindings dictionary? In this case, you should
look at the methods implemented by NSResponder. But in practice,
these are just methods sent to the first responder in the key chain
that implements the method, so a definite list would be basically all
methods of all classes which can be first responder in a Cocoa
program -- of course not all these methods should be used.