[TxMt] opening a file readonly

Pete Siemsen siemsen at UCAR.EDU
Tue Jul 24 20:36:22 UTC 2007

Harry,

Your memory is fine - TECO used "er" to open the input file and "eb"
to open it read/write.  I used TECO for many years, and even wrote my
own implementation in C, and later I was responsible for the DECUS
TECO library, then later still for the de-facto TECO archive, which I
recently put on SourceForge, at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/teco/

Kinda weird that I started this thread on the TextMate list and ended
up discussing TECO...

-- Pete