[TxMt] Re: Indent size different from tab size

Ryan Hodges rhodges at cisco.com
Tue Jul 24 15:00:47 UTC 2007

I'll second this request. I'm maintaining legacy code that's 10 years old and
it requires tabstops every 8 characters, but an indent width of 4 spaces.
Doing the expand, unexpand trick won't work on this old code because the final
unexpand introduces tabs into sections of code that didn't have them before.

Unfortunately, I have to stick with Vim when editing this code. Vim's great,
but I prefer TextMate's intuitive interface and elegant appearance and
integration with OS X. Great job by the way. If TextMate can help me overcome
this tab problem I'll gladly purchase a license.

Cheers, Ryan