[TxMt] Latex Config and backward compatibility questions

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:35:50 UTC 2007

It's wonderful that you're doing this! Having a configuration dialog
is a great idea. Also, it means there is one less thing for me to feel
guilty about not doing. :-)

It seems a little odd to have -interaction=nonstopmode
-file-line-error being configurable, given that the output parser will
fail without them. How is the user supposed to know that these options
are required, without knowing the inner workings of the bundle? What's
wrong with just adding them automatically, as now?

I am hoping that these settings will be stored in such a way that
Latex Watch can easily find them. (Also, I'd be delighted if Watch
were integrated into the main LaTeX bundle. I can see no particular
reason for it not to be, and people seem to find it useful.)

I agree that supporting the existing environment variables is not an
essential feature. The current situation is such a mess, it's probably
a good idea to ditch it and start again.

Robin