[TxMt] Shirts redux

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Sun Jul 22 00:40:10 UTC 2007

On Jul 21, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> Okay, here's what I've got so far:
>>
>> http://pastie.caboo.se/paste/asset/80977/tm_shirts_copy.pdf
>>
>> Allan said he liked the idea reasonably well, but maybe we could
>> find a better word than "snippet".  Feedback welcome.
>
> Yeah, snippet doesn't sound too good there. Perhaps "code" would be
> better. Or even perhaps "mate"?
>
>> -Jacob
>
> Haris Skiadas
> Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
> Hanover College

I'm sticking with my opinion that slogans are lame.

Please just let me have this:
	http://trippledoubleyou.subtlegradient.com/stuff/sG_TextMate-Shirt-purple_MOCKUP1.png

It's simple, basic and awesome, just like textmate.

Slogans and shadows and stuff just feel very amateur.
Also, getting 3 colors to line up properly in a screenprint is
difficult and expensive.
Sticking to 1 color will save you money. White ink on a dark shirt is
also more expensive, but can look extremely good if done right. Always
get samples first.
Avoid those iron-on digital print transfers and stuff like that. It
never comes out good. It's very difficult to keep that sort of thing
from looking extremely tacky. Screen printing is the way to go. Very
crisp.

I've done this sort of thing before. Talk to a professional shop that
does this stuff before you make any concrete design decisions.

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors