[TxMt] Switching between bundle editor and document windows

Mark Day mday at mac.com
Thu Jul 19 21:21:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

As I've watched some of Allan's screencasts, I noticed he often
switches between the bundle editor and a document window in order to
try out changes to snippets, commands, etc.  It looks like he's using
the keyboard to switch back and forth.  I know I can switch between
windows using Command-` , but any changes I've made in the bundle
editor's text field don't seem to take effect when I switch windows.

For example, I start editing a snippet.  I add or remove some text in
the snippet.  Then press Command-` to switch to my document window.  I
trigger the snippet (using tab triggers in my recent experiments), but
I get the old contents of the snippet, without the changes I just typed.

If I click elsewhere in the bundle editor (in the list on the left, in
the scope selector text field, etc.) before switching windows, then
the changes I've made to the snippet take effect when I switch to my
document window.

I've been skimming some of the archives of this list, and I've seen it
mentioned that switching windows is supposed to commit changes to the
text field in the bundle editor.  Which means just pressing Command-`
to switch windows should be enough.  Am I doing something wrong?

I'm running TextMate build 1405 on Mac OS X 10.4.10 on both Intel and
PowerPC machines.

Thanks,
-Mark