[TxMt] opening a file readonly

Ian Smith-Dahl isd at strangetower.com
Thu Jul 19 14:51:27 UTC 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Cliff Pruitt wrote:

> I'f you're wanting a strict text-reader, why specifically are you
> you using TextMate?  Is there maybe a better tool for what you're
> trying to do?

I use it pretty extensively when searching for the use of specific
variables in a huge Java codebase.    Even though I rarely make edits
to the code base (I'm mostly responsible for the graphic skins), I
haven't found any tool better than TextMate's ability to dynamically
create projects by opening file folders (and so to specify scope
specifically for one search) and then quickly pinpoint lines of code
using Find in Project.

Is there a better tool for that?