[TxMt] mysql bundle, password issues, utf8 encoding

Tench psychomachine at mac.com
Tue Jul 17 04:15:17 UTC 2007

Dear friends,

several people on this list have brought up the issue of non-sticking
passwords in the new MySql bundle. There were suggestions to
reinstall, revert bundles to original state etc –– I have done that,
but I am still prompted for password with every query and with every
change of table in the database browser.

What is the solution for this problem?

Secondly, I mentioned before that the mysql bundle is not happily
working with non-latin unicode -- queries containing, for instance,
Cyrilic or Greek are not executed as they should (they return no
values), and  tables containing non-latin utf8 text display question
marks instead of text.

I am kindly asking for any tips -- the mysql bundle has become
unusable for me, and I need it very badly.

All best,
Tench