[TxMt] Actual LaTeX-CO-version can't render documents with spaces in file names

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:52:31 UTC 2007

Hi!

I just tried to render with the filename "Problem Set 5.tex" but it
failed because it seems to "think" that Problem, Set and 5 are three
different documents - here's the output:

atexmk: This is latexmk, John Collins, 26 February 2007, version:
3.08n. **** Report bugs etc to John Collins . **** Latexmk: Could not
find file [Problem] ------------ Run number 1 of 'pdflatex
-interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error-style Problem' ------------
Latexmk: restoring last Problem.aux file Latexmk: Did not finish
processing file: Latex failed to generate a log file Latexmk: Could
not find file [Set] ------------ Run number 1 of 'pdflatex
-interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error-style Set' ------------
Latexmk: restoring last Set.aux file Latexmk: Did not finish
processing file: Latex failed to generate a log file Latexmk: Could
not find file [5.tex] ------------ Run number 1 of 'pdflatex
-interaction=nonstopmode -file-line-error-style 5.tex' ------------
Latexmk: restoring last 5.aux file Latexmk: Did not finish processing
file: Latex failed to generate a log file

And I have now the files in the directory of tex-file:
5.aux
5.aux.bak
Problem Set 5.tex
Problem.aux
Problem.aux.bak
Set.aux
Set.aux.bak
texput.log

Removing the spaces from the filename helps. Something should be done
about the error output…should be somehow formatted but I think that
already in discussion…

As written in the subject: it's the actual SVN-checkout of the LaTeX-bundle

Niels