[TxMt] LaTeX bundle

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Fri Jul 13 12:03:11 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, Robin Houston <robin.houston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/13/07, Alain Matthes <alain.matthes at mac.com> wrote:
> > I think the default value of TM_LATEX_ERRLVL is not good because we are
> > not sure of the compilation and we must look at the fic.log in any case
>
> For what it's worth, I strongly agree.
>
> It is bizarre that the default should be to ignore errors; I've never
> seen another TeX front-end that behaves like this, and I'm struggling
> to imagine a situation where ignoring an error is the right thing to
> do.

The default is not to ignore errors.  The default is to ignore warnings, and
I remember we debated this quite a bit at the time I wrote the script to
parse the output from xxxTeX.  Looking at the log, I can see that I changed
the script to return a 2 if there were warnings, 1 if there were errors and
0 otherwise way back in may 2005.

If you are saying that there are warnings that are really errors, and there
is a way to tell that the warning should be really treated as an error, I
would be happy to learn about it and adjust the script.
Right now I'm just using a series of regexps to try and pull the important
stuff from all the output from pdflatex.

Brad

Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College