[TxMt] ActionScript/Xtrace

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Tue Jul 10 14:08:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

Since the last update I'm having problems with the ActionScript
bundle and XTrace.  All my debugging code now gets printed out in the
flash movie rather than in the XTrace window as it used to before.

I think I've done all the necessary steps:

1. Add my folder in the security settings in Flash
2. Fire up XTrace
3. Add the trace argument to mtasc.yaml

Firstly nothing displayed in the preview window.  The .swf file ran
fine in a browser but not under TextMate.  I modified the build
script (point c below) to represent the file as a proper URL rather
than a file:// path and this worked, but I still don't get any debug
out, nor do I get a security warning.

I made a few tweaks to the mtasc build script:

a. Add the command it used to build the swf as a comment in
underneath the HTML
b. Allow for the 'app' yaml statement to be an array of files rather
than a single file
c. Allow me to prefix a location to the swf file, such that the
output HTML is:

	http://localhost/~gaby/game/blah.swf

rather than

	/Users/gaby/Sites/game/blah.swf

Which made the preview work.

I'm really stuck here as I found the XTrace output invaluable,
whereas the in-swf version is next to useless as the important data
always runs off the edge of the movie!  Help!  I'm going mad!

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
http://www.playr.co.uk/