[TxMt] new window from tab

Kim Hunter bigkm at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 9 01:32:20 UTC 2007

i was after the same thing last year

-- Snip --
Allan Odgaard wrote:
 > On 1. Nov 2006, at 05:52, bigkm wrote:
 >
 >> This is sort of a feature request but i think it would be a handy
feature if you could drag a tab out of textmate and it will open that
file in a separate window.

 > For now you can right click the file in the project drawer and select
to open it in a separate window.

this is sort of time consuming because the tab shows that its selected
and then if the file in the project draw isn't selected or even in view
you have to go looking for it, find it then right click it.

I hope this might be in a future release.

Kim

There are some shorter ways
On 2. Nov 2006, at 00:24, bigkm wrote:

 >> For now you can right click the file in the project drawer and
select to open it in a separate window.
 > this is sort of time consuming because the tab shows that its
selected and then if the file in the project draw isn't selected or even
in view you have to go looking for it, find it then right click it.

To speed that up, you can use ⌃⌘R to “reveal the current file in the
project drawer”.