[TxMt] Re: Bundle runtime Error

Richard Brosnahan broz at mac.com
Sun Jul 8 18:32:39 UTC 2007

Some time ago, someone posted a message about a runtime error with bundles.
The problem was never resolved in the mailing list, but perhaps it was
outside the list...

I'm seeing the same problem. Whenever I try to execute a python script
within TextMate using <command>r, I see this error:

csh: setenv: Too many arguments. /bin/bash: line 2: : command not found

My default shell for my terminal sessions is tcsh, not bash. If that's any
help...

The very same script executes fine in a terminal window. If I execute from
TextMate using the Bundle -> Run Script (terminal), it works fine. If I just
execute the script in a terminal window, it works fine. Open the script in
BBEdit, and execute via the #! menu and it works fine.

Similarly, perl scripts return the same dumb error, yet work fine elsewhere.

I updated all my bundles with subversion, per the help file. I added
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
and
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles
like the instructions indicated, and then added the bundles I expect to use.

Perhaps someone can tell me the error I've made.
Until then, back to BBEdit...

TextMate version 1.5.6, Mac OS X 10.4.10, MacBook Pro.

--

Richard Brosnahan
Editor in Chief

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
Mark Twain, author