[TxMt] sql bundle and the keychain?

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Sun Jul 8 12:18:58 UTC 2007

The new build seems to have solved the problem, but not right out of the
box.

After I updated TM and updated my bundles from svn I was still not getting
a password prompt.  In order for me to get the SQL bundle to prompt me for a
password I had to first bring up the configuration dialog.  I changed the
username to a user without a password and the browser worked.  Then I
changed it back to my user with a password and suddenly I was getting
prompted to enter my password.

However, the current logic still seems wrong to me because as soon as I try
to switch databases I get prompted for my password again, and then I get the
dialog box that tells me the password is already stored.  Once that happens
I get prompted every time I try to browse a new table.  Shouldn't it just
remember the password for user,host ?  Or if that doesn't work can't you
store separate entries in the keychain for user,host,database?  I'm not sure
what you are trying to use as the key for storing information in the
keychain as the error dialog comes up and says for bmiller at bmiller.

Brad

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science