[TxMt] Skim 0.5 Latex Watch

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 09:48:25 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, Niels Kobschätzki <n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Maybe it's the way Skim now checks for the updated PDF.

However they're doing it, the new way isn't working properly!

Fortunately, version 0.5 also added a way to trigger a reload manually
using AppleEvents, so I can get Latex Watch to do that. This is
actually better than relying on the app to update, because it will
happen as soon as the updated document is ready (but no sooner). So if
they fix the update checking in a later version, it would be a good
idea to disable "Check for file changes" in the Skim preferences.

This seems to be working; I'll send out the new version when I've
given it some more testing.

Robin