[TxMt] files in project view

Dan Lowe dan at tangledhelix.com
Thu Jul 5 14:59:16 UTC 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Graham Ashton wrote:

>> I've never liked working with projects over the network.  I find it
>> much easier (and faster) to keep a local copy of my project and just
>> FTP the changes over.
>
> I've never understood how people can put up with ftp-ing every little
> change. Is there a way to automate it so you don't have to press any
> buttons to make it happen?

There are clients that will auto-update the server side whenever you
save the local copy you are editing. I use Cyberduck[1] to edit files
on my servers via SFTP. (Before anybody mentions sshfs, I have tried
it, numerous times, and it always dies, leaving things all screwy and
hung, so I have given up on it).

I'm sure there are other FTP/SFTP clients that behave similarly.

  -dan

[1] http://cyberduck.ch/