[TxMt] Unicode literals in TeX

Perrins perrinhouse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 02:29:40 UTC 2007

I'm not sure I've understood the exact request. But to enter unicode
directly into the textmate window, and have the symbol displayed on screen,
and understood by Tex, I include these packages in the preamble.

\usepackage{ucs}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}

So now I type, with Unicode keyboard on, Option-207A and a superscript +
appears both in the textmate window and in the final compiled document.

In general, I suppose, they say it is better to use the official Tex
representation for symbols rather than the Unicode equivalent, but this
makes the source document more readable.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MarkP