[TxMt] Blogging Bundle: Tagging Commands (UTW)

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Fri Jan 26 17:38:52 UTC 2007

I have released a combination of TextMate commands and a Wordpress
plugin for Wordpress 2.1 that allows for better handling of tags when
blogging from TextMate. [1]

The plugin, UTW-RPC, overrides a few functions in the xmlrpc.php
file, implementing Robin Lu’s hack[2] for Ecto and Ultimate Tag
Warrior. This automatically will make the Keywords header function
with TextMate and allow the Keywords: field to insert and display
Ultimate Tag Warrior tags from posts. (It will also provide the same
functionality for all other blogging clients that recognize the
mt_keywords header).

The plugin also adds a hook, metaweblog.getTags, that the TextMate
commands use to retrieve the tags from your blog and provide various
functions with. The commands are rudimentary at this point and are
provided as proof of concept. I could use some serious help with
implementing a fuzzy search on the autotag command.

Thanks,
Brett

[1]http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/2007/01/26/utw-rpc-10/
[2]http://www.robinlu.com/blog/archives/57