[TxMt] Why compile in XeLaTeX?

Nathan Paxton napaxton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:42:40 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have the following document preamble, and I want to compile in
PDFLaTeX, but TM keeps falling back to XeTeXk, and I can't figure out
why.  Any suggestions?

% !TEX TS-program = pdflatex
%  untitled

\usepackage{amsmath, amsthm, amssymb}

% Surround parts of graphics with box

% This is now the recommended way for checking for PDFLaTeX:

%\pdffalse % we are not running PDFLaTeX
%\pdfoutput=1 % we are running PDFLaTeX
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx} \else
\usepackage{graphicx} \fi

%% LaTeX Preamble - Common packages

\usepackage[pdftex,colorlinks,breaklinks,bookmarks]{hyperref}  % PDF
hyperlinks, with coloured links
\definecolor{dullmagenta}{rgb}{0.4,0,0.4}   % #660066
% coloured links
% \hypersetup{linkcolor=black,citecolor=black,filecolor=black,urlcolor=black}
% black links, for printed output

%\usepackage{epstopdf} % to include .eps graphics files with pdfLaTeX

Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
        - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
        -Coco Chanel