[TxMt] Textmate Latex insert completion problem

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Jan 20 03:08:28 UTC 2007

Hi Nathan,

       if I understand correctly, you are using the stock TextMate
installation without the subversion update to the bundle. The version
that comes built in with TextMate is a bit outdated at the moment,
and doesn't do a very good check for the tex binaries, probably
relying on `locate` when it really shouldn't. I've attached a command
that would give us some insight into your LaTeX install. Please
execute it and paste the output.

Now, what I would suggest is that you get the latest and greatest
from subversion., which has a number of improvements on the LaTeX
bundle. You will need the LaTeX bundle, the global Support directory
and the PlugIns directory to be checked out via subversion (svn).
Information can be found here:
http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/2006/12/20/subversion-and-
textmate/

If you run in to any problems with those instructions, or for some
other reason don't want to upgrade to the latest and greatest, let me
know and we'll see what workarounds we can come up with.