[TxMt] Re: Freeze Issue when Piping

Dave Grijalva grijalva at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 01:11:49 UTC 2007

ok.  I was being stupid here.  There's no reason for me to pipe this back
into tm.  Just choosing "Create new document" from the output pulldown does
the same thing.

For those that are interested, here's the final code:

res=$(CocoaDialog inputbox --title "Open URL" \
    --informative-text "URL:" \
    --button1 "Okay" --button2 "Cancel")

[[ $(head -n1 <<<"$res") == "2" ]] && exit_discard

res=$(tail -n1 <<<"$res")
/usr/bin/env ruby -e "require 'net/http';require 'uri';Net::HTTP.get_print
URI.parse('$res')"

save: nothing
input: none
output: Create New Document

activtaion: cmd+shift+o

for my next trick, I'm going to try to allow the selected text to be the
default param for the input box.

-dave