[TxMt] Compare text files based on words not lines

Christoph Prion prion67 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 16 09:59:56 UTC 2007

Hello all
I am new to Textmate and this list but so far really impressed by the
program and the people posting here. My background is in molecular
biology and I will mostly use TM for text (MultiMarkdown is appealing
to me) not so much code.

Although I am slowly making my way through the manual I have not found
anything that would allow me to compare two textfiles and highlight
changes between them. "Diff" is not what I am loooking for because it
is based on lines. Writing manuscripts I don't use carriage returns so
a single difference in a paragraph will highlight the whole thing not
just the difference only.
FileMerge (in the Apple developer tools) is much closer and also
visually intuitive, but getting long in the teeth and having
difficulties with UTF-8.

Is there a Textmate bundle that will do this kind of comparison for me?

My sincere apologies if this question has been answered already,

Christoph