[TxMt] LaTeX bundle: Why emph instead of textit??

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Sun Jan 14 17:30:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Any chance for a *different* shortcut for emph in the default LaTeX
> bundle? I don't like messing around in the default bundles myself
> for as far as I understand TM will create a "local" copy and I can
> no longer easily benefit from updates in the default bundles … :(

I actually believe that this is no longer the case. TextMate should
save your changes in local delta file which will let you alter the
bundle while still benefiting from updates in the default bundles.

There's some mention of that here:

http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2006/06/16/textmate-152/

I also feel like cmd-i has been \emph{} for a long time, but I guess
that's neither here nor there.

-steve