[TxMt] Re: Cocoa Autocomplete

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 09:36:03 UTC 2007

Hello,

On 11 Jan 2007, at 02:27, Jacob Rus wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
>> How can I get the Cocoa autocompleter instead?
> You can't, really, without doing some work.  But Thomas Aylott made
> something that completes English words.

I seen this and wasn't that impressed as it only has system words,
not the Cocoa dictionary (i.e. one static language and no user words).

Isn't TextMate built in Cocoa... how come it can use all the other
Cocoa methods except complete??

>> Is there a list somewhere of all the TextMate symbols that can be
>> used in the KeyBindings.dict file?
> (didn't I send a link to my giant list in the last email?)

Not since I've joined. It'd be better if there was a page somewhere
with sort of this info on it.

Incidentally, I created a macro that uses the find/replace to go to
the next \n\n, which works, but highlights both lines! Also, I didn't
know how to reverse this and make it search backwards... any hints on
that? Would a snippet perhaps be more appropriate?

Where is the best place to start learning snippets?

--
Sam