[TxMt] TM for cataloging

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 12:33:20 UTC 2007

If you drag-and-drop a CD or DVD on an open
TextMate window this produces a nicely formatted
list of the contents. Folder names end with / ,
and one or more tabs denote the hierarchy
of nested folders.

I'm tempted to use TM for this. Actually searching
is already ok; I might use a project to group different
media into different folders, etc.
The only thing I am missing is a way to fold the
list at the appropriate level. The fully expanded
list is something like

CDname/
  firstFolder/
    subFolder/
      file1.txt
      file2.mp3
      file3.txt
  secondFolder/
     file1
     file2
     file3
  thirdFolder/

and I would do things like: see only the
CD names, or see only stuff down to one level
of tabs, or down to two levels of tabs etc.

This should be doable with the folding system of TM.
How? ok I could discover myself, and I'll certainly do
as soon as I have one solid week free (around 2009 I guess)
BTW, if you have a cataloging bundle ready I would
appreciate it a lot...

Piero