[TxMt] R bundle: Command Usage

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Jan 3 22:17:23 UTC 2007

On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> On 03.01.2007, at 18:23, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> On Jan 3, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>
> OK. I changed it and now tex.scan works. (Actually I was a bit
> blind, the one thing I had to do is to read the ruby code ;) )

We all were ;)

>> I like the command too, though I don't really use it much at this
>> point, (need to open the actual help file most of the times). I
>> wrote the command originally, and looking at the revision history
>> of the command would show that it was tex.scan. Does it work as
>> expected if you make that change? If so, I don't really see the
>> advantage of parsing the HTML file instead.
>
> Well, my HTML scan approach is to output everything which is
> written within the 'Usage' block.

The command is now outputting everything in the Usage block that is
in a verbatim environment, which I think should indeed be everything.
This seems to take care of at least the two examples you mentioned,
and makes its output similar to the HTML one.

However, this command should probably follow a similar process as the
"Show in R Help" command to find what it should show. Right now it
looks for a tex file named after the command, which I think it
perhaps far from ideal. But that requires more work....

> Best,
> -Hans

Haris