[TxMt] TextMate and ActionsScript Bundle How to?

Ale Muñoz bomberstudios at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:13:52 UTC 2007

On 12/30/06, Zeitler Andreas <zettt at macbay.de> wrote:

> What am i doing wrong? Ive tried to use the ActionScript template and i did a script which just says trace ("Hello World"); I did use the "Install MTASC Support Files" and i did a try without...nothing happens.

Hi there.

I'm the current mantainer of the ActionScript bundle, so I'll try to
answer some of your questions.

* The best place to ask for help regarding the ActionScript bundle is
the mailing list. I have a filter for anything with "actionscript" in
it, and closely monitor the list (except when I'm on vacation :)

The current workflow for the AS bundle is as follows:

* You create a new project. I'm still tweaking the "Build With MTASC"
command to work on single .as files, but right now the preferred way
is to use a project.
* You "Install MTASC Support Files", and a 'mtasc.yaml' file is
created on your project root.
* You edit the mtasc.yaml file to suit your project
* You hit "Build With MTASC" and hope for the best :)

ActionScript » MTASC Sample) that should compile out of the box.
Create a new file, save it, hit Command+R and choose "Build With
MTASC"

You should get a "Compiling MTASC Classes" dialog, XTrace should open,
and if you have the Flash Player installed it will open the resulting
SWF file.

If you'd rather use the browser, create a project, install the
mtasc.yaml file and change this line:

preview:    .

preview:    index.html

where index.html is a simple HTML that loads the swf file.

Right now, MTASC is called with the -main option. That means it will
call the main() method in your initial class to start your
application. Let me know if that feels right or not, and I'll look
into making it optional.

The bundle includes XTrace, and it is setup to direct all trace calls
to the XTrace server. If XTrace is not running, a text field will be
created in _root, and the trace message will be added to it. If you
want to use a different log system (i.e: LuminicBox) you can change
the function that is used for trace in mtasc.yaml adding this line:

trace:    com.foo.bar.your_trace_function

Hope it helps you getting started. Feel free to ask for more help. I'm
writing the documentation to be included with the bundle, and all
questions will be (hopefully) addressed there :)

Oh, and have a happy new year ;)

--
Ale Muñoz
http://sofanaranja.com