[TxMt] Bibtex

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Feb 28 23:53:27 UTC 2007

On Feb 28, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Juan wrote:
> 	Hi
>
> I don't know if is Charilaos the LaTeX/Bibtex maintainer, but,
> anyway, probably everybody in the list knows the answer:
>
> Is there any support for Bibtex appart from the Language definition?
>  In the support I mean bibtex .bib tools like snippets for items,
> like:

Not really, I personally use BibDesk for editing the bibliography
files, so I haven't created any commands/snippets for editing BibTeX
files directly, and it's not asked for very much. But of course such
snippets would be easy to create if it is really useful.

> tidying the formats, etc.
>
> I know there is an insertion of citing in LaTeX mode, but I can't
> make it run for me.  I don't know well how to invoke it, when (must
> the .aux be there?), how to indicate the bibliography files (since
> it seems not to look for the \bibliography command in the LaTeX
> source), etc.

The aux file doesn't have to be there. The \bibliography command
should be working, if it's not then please send me a sample folder
with the tex file and corresponding bib file, and I'll try to see
what's wrong. Also make sure you are running the newest version of
the bundle from the svn repository.

Basically, if the latex program knows how to find your bib file when
it compiles, then TextMate's completion command should also be able
to. If it's not, then that's a bug we need to fix, so please provide
a minimal example.

> Any help will be welcome.  Thanks.
>
> Juan Falgueras

Haris Skiadas