[TxMt] Re: TODO bundle problem: Show TODO list never completes

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Tue Feb 27 14:45:26 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 8:26 AM, Bruno wrote:

>> Can you provide a minimal example of a file where this happens?
>> i.e.  take the file that is causing problems, copy it out of its
>> project if  any, to make sure it is the only one being considered,
>> and then start  removing chunks of the file until the command
>> starts working?
>
> It only happens when I run it on my 'Scripts' project. This project
> contains all my shell scripts - more than a hundred items. It's
> clearly a problem with one of the files, but I've no idea which. I
> guess the thing to do would be create a number of projects with
> parts of this folder in each, and try to narrow it down that way. I
> don't suppose I could enter some kind of logging line to the Show
> TODOs script to give me a clue?

Sure you can, you can have a very clear look of the Show TODOs script
in the bundle editor. The first thing I would try is comment out each
of the lines in the $tags array, starting with the RADAR one, and
seeing this way which one is the problem.

I don't really see how any of those could be a problem, but it's
worth a try. You can also add some print statements along the way in
the script.
Also, you can set TM_TODO_IGNORE to a regexp of filenames to ignore,
which might allow you to narrow down the culprit, for instance
filtering the scripts by the first character or something.

> Bruno

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College