[TxMt] Re: bundle organization

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Tue Feb 27 14:03:12 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 1:22 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>>>   * "Tricks" and "Experimental" bundles seem to have
>>>     an overlapping mission
>> Apparently they don't have an overlapping mission, and Allan wants
>> to keep them separate.  Okay by me :)
>
> As of such, might be better to move all this experimental stuff to
> another location on the repository.

What is the current process for beta bundles?

I'm working on a new version of the Ruby syntax.
It's called Ruby Experimental and is in the experimental bundle.
It's not a pure replacement yet since it just includes the Ruby
syntax instead of duplicating and modifying the existing Ruby syntax.

There's also a beta HTML bundle being worked on.

Should we have an explicit BETA bundle for working on new versions of
existing things?
Should we include the new syntax in the existing bundle with a BETA
tag or something?

That option seems to make the best sense actually.
Unless anyone seriously objects, I'm going to move Ruby Experimental
into the Ruby bundle and make sure that you can only get at it by
explicitly selecting it.

I'm not sure if that option would work for HTML2 since the beta HTML2
bundle contains way more than just a new syntax.

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors