Date handling in Blogging bundle / XML-RPC (was: [TxMt] Blogging changes)

Steven W. Riggins mailinglists at
Mon Feb 26 08:18:32 UTC 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 26. Feb 2007, at 04:42, Steven W. Riggins wrote:
> First, for the archive, let me just point to <
> wiki/Bundles/HowToContribute> (to answer your original question)
>> [...] When I'd post, it would lose the time, etc.
> This is probably not related, but I disabled sending the date to
> WordPress systems (unless a variable is set) [1].

> It seems I may have made a mistake though. We convert the date to
> UTC because no TZ information is sent to the server [2].
Ah yes, that was it!

I'd make a post, and I am in -8, server in -5, and then I would edit
it, repost and get TWO posts on my server, with one being well in the
past, due to totally wrong time.

I think I just changed it to leave it the time that came back instead
of trying to modify the time that was parsed.