[TxMt] newbie question - configuration textmate for latex

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Feb 25 17:00:14 UTC 2007

On Feb 24, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Christoph Eyrich wrote:

> dear all,
>
> i'd like to pose a few basic questions when using textmate for
> latex files:
>
> (1) is there a way to get the 'typeset & view window' display the
> log file, the way you can have it with emacs?
> it seems that changing the values of TM_LATEX_ERRLVL doesn't help ...

You'll probably have to manually change the typeset command. Right
now it does a parsing of the log file (well, the output to be exact).
You really want to see the entire log file, or just some particular
parts of it that are currently not showing up?

> (2) is there a way to get textmate use a dvi-previewer? (for
> reasons of speed, i still prefer dvi when working on my files).

You'll again probably have to modify the typeset command (perhaps
just create one of your own from scratch, that meets your needs).
Basically you would just use the "open" command, and then if you
provide it with a "dvi" file it would open with whatever default app
handles those files in your system (or you could specify it via "open
-a" I  think. Which dvi-previewer did you have in mind?

> (3) is it possible to change the fonts (i.e. same font as in in the
> editing window) and the  header of the 'typeset & view window'?
> what's the place to do it?

Hm, I believe we were thinking of allowing more customization of the
output window. This window is used across many commands and
languages, and there is a common css file for it. I think Soryu knows
more about this though.

> thank you!
>
> greetings,
> christoph eyrich