[TxMt] Select pasted text

Nigel Chapman nigel at macavon.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 15:48:15 UTC 2007

I often find that I paste something into a document, then immediately
select it to do something to it, like wrapping it in tags or
converting characters to entities. Long ago I used an editor
(possibly alpha) that had a 'select pasted text' command, that did
the selection straight after a paste, without having to drag over it
or whatever. I can't find an equivalent command in TextMate, nor any
environment variables pointing to the start and end of the latest
pasting that would let me implement it myself.

Have I missed something? Either a command in some bundle I don't know
about or some other way of achieving the same effect?

If not, here's a feature request. Any one of the following:

Select Pasted Text command
Paste and Select command (extra modifier key on cmd-V)
Select after Pasting preference.

Thanks for any help or pointers.