[TxMt] Getting one character from the keyboard for use in Commands

Chris Insinger lucent1 at mac.com
Tue Feb 20 16:45:38 UTC 2007

Hi Dr. Drang,

Thanks, I hadn't considered using a Snippet for this.

(Ignoring some edge cases that you already mentioned), it seems to
work for normal selections, but unfortunately not for column selections.

I'm not sure how much room there is in an external program/Command to
do anything about this, but if you have some suggestions for making
it work with column selections I'd appreciate hearing them.

Strangely enough replacing each non-CR/LF character with a single
character like 'x' works for column selections, but replacing with
"$1" doesn't - that is, it seems to insert unwanted line breaks when
doing this.

Thanks,

Chris