[TxMt] howto update: make bibliography completion work in TM

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Feb 20 00:15:48 UTC 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 13:49, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

>>> Sounds like it has trouble parsing the bib-file. Can you send me
>>> the offending bib file, and also try with a smaller/simpler bib
>>> file?
>>
>> I sent you the file off list.
>
> Ok, there were two problems with it. The one is that you were using
> dots in the cite keys, and my code was not expecting that. So I
> fixed the code and submitted a commit.
>
> The other is that you have "terms at del.icio.us" in the Annote field
> at some point. That at sign is throwing the system off. Change it to
> "terms at del.icio.us" and svn up it should work just fine.
>
> (It's a bit harder to work around that one, and I'm not even sure
> it's entirely valid, though I don't really know).

As long as you're within the entry, this should be valid BibTeX (and a
quick test indicates that BibDesk parses it without complaint).  Of
course, this is also valid:

@article ( citekey , author = "Ann Author",
title = {Mixing quotes is bad},
date = "17~" # jun,
keywords = "BibTeX syntax is b{\"a}d"
)

so about the best you can do with an ad-hoc parser is fail gracefully
when you find something weird ;).

-- Adam