[TxMt] Subversion Commit

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Feb 16 20:45:31 UTC 2007

On 16. Feb 2007, at 16:53, Tobias Jung wrote:

> [...]
> But then I changed a file, selected "Commit" and TextMate said:
>      svn: Commit failed (details follow):
>      svn: Can't get password
>
> So what am I doing wrong?

The various subversion commands in TextMate does not support
interactive prompting of passwords.

If the repository is accessed via webdav (http) the authentication
should be cached by svn automatically, but you need to give it at
least once (so e.g. do a checkin via Terminal).

If the repository is accessed via ssh, you need to generate a public/
private key pair to allow login via private key (do not put a
passphrase on the private key, otherwise svn will instead prompt for
that password).