[TxMt] Ruby Auto Complete Not working?

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Thu Feb 15 03:43:32 UTC 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 6:21 PM, John Tsombakos wrote:

> On 2/14/07, James Edward Gray II <james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > Do you have Rails in the vendor directory of your project?  I
>> always
>> > do and would not be at all surprised if that is required to make
>> the
>> > command pick up on the methods.  If you don't, try vendering Rails
>> > and see if that helps.
>> >
>> > James Edward Gray II
>
> I tried with a project that had Rails in the vendor directory. When I
> opened a model file, I tried typing 'validate' and hit opt-esc and it
> could not find any matches.

OK.  We seem to be closing in.  Let's see if we can keep narrowing it
down.  Here is a new series of steps to try:

1.  Make a brand new Rails project:  rails test
2.  Edit database.yml so it can hook up to a development database.  I
just used sqlite3.
3.  ruby script/generate model just_one
4.  Open then new model file and put the caret in the class definition
5.  Type val (or validate if you prefer, I checked both) and trigger
rcodetools completion

Note that I *did not* have Rails vendored here and this worked just
fine.

Does this much work for you?

James Edward Gray II