[TxMt] Re: Changing cursor position from command

Ale Muñoz bomberstudios at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:27:30 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Juan <juanfc at lcc.uma.es> wrote:

> I am telling you that many things are absolutely impossible
> without a lot of work from the programmer side.

Juan,

you are fighting the wrong fight.

I totally agree on all of Jacob's points, and would ask you to please relax.

"Impossible" is a lot easier to solve with an open mind ;)

> An simple example:
> to select the text that is inside html/xml "braces" <font ...> </
> font>. This is very important in html editing for many reasons and
> is absolutely impossible in TM right now.

Have you, by any chance, taken a look at the documentation?

All you need is a proper scope and CTRL + Option + B (Select Current Scope)

There may be other possibilities ("There's more than one way to do
it"). In my experience, "naive" approaches work better in TextMate.

Now please read Jacob's response again, with an open mind, and try to
calm down and not be a bitch. There's people working in here.

--
Ale Muñoz
http://sofanaranja.com