[TxMt] Re: Changing cursor position from command

Juan juanfc at lcc.uma.es
Tue Feb 13 22:28:36 UTC 2007

El 13/02/2007, a las 22:30, Jacob Rus escribió:

> Conclusion: find something more productive to do, like making some
> useful
> language grammars or commands, or else go back to Alpha or emacs or
> whatever,
> where you can get all the API you can eat.  When you have read the
> manual, and
> spent a few weeks or months working with TextMate, and you find
> something you
> can't accomplish, send a note to this list, and we will try to help
> you.  If
> your problem still cannot be solved, and its solution will vastly
> improve the
> productivity of a large number of people, then you will have a more
> compelling
> case to make for the addition of an API.

There are so many things that cannot be done without the use of an
API that your suggestion is absolutely unworkable.

1) I did the suggestion not only to this list but also to Allan.  He
answered me.  It was ok.

2) I was trying to answer Kevin about a question he issued but I was
cheeky.  Obviously there is one way to position the text analyzing
the text and placing there $0 and outputting through as snippet.
This was the correct answer to Kevin.  And as I learned a lot with
the Charilaos answer I payed him my gratitude.

3) You are asking for improvements in the way TM do the things _now_
but I am telling you that many things are absolutely impossible
without a lot of work from the programmer side.  An simple example:
to select the text that is inside html/xml "braces" <font ...> </
font>.  This is very important in html editing for many reasons and
is absolutely impossible in TM right now.