[TxMt] Customized syntax coloring via Scope Selectors

Jon Ippolito ron_elicit at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 18:29:32 UTC 2007

I'm new to TextMate and am already recommending it to my students, but I don't
understand the conventions for Scope Selectors.

Let's say I want to color all div tags in HTML red. I've tried variations on
"entity.tag.div" in Prefs > Fonts & Colors without success. I've a basic
familiarity with RegExp, and it looks like Bundle grammar supports RegExp, but I
can't see where syntax coloring might be defined in the HTML Bundle either.

(For the record, I also can't figure out how to duplicate a Theme--say, if I
want to tweak a version of the default Theme but keep the original too.)

Thanks for any help getting me going in the right direction.

jon