[TxMt] Re: Folding Features

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 12:19:44 UTC 2007

Steve Lianoglou <lists at ...> writes:
> The "folding away ugly docstrings" makes me wonder, would it be
> possible wire up a command that folds elements in the document based
> on their scope?
>
> It's a bit different than folding on their nesting level, but I think
> can be pretty handy. Especially for things like (ugly) docstrings
>
> Consider it a future feature request if it can't currently be done.

I'm not sure you could make one now, but Allan has said that TextMate 2's
folding system will be more scope-based than the current system.

Incidentally, it's likely not impossible to add docstring folding to the folding
patterns of whatever language you're using, even in the current TextMate.

-Jacob