[TxMt] Re: Commands

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 00:15:37 UTC 2007

Juan <juanfc at ...> writes:
> Is there any way to access the commands (API?) that are listed
> when you build and then saving a Macro?

No.  However, you should take a look at the following:

http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/cocoa-text.html
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/selectors.html

And you should be able to find any other usable selectors listed in the
KeyBindings.dict (or something close to that) file inside the TextMate
application bundle itself.

> I think accessing them should make the programmer live really easier.

What do you mean?

> For example, you could send to TM, from an scripting program, a
> sequence of such commands and TM could easily interpretate them.

Well, yes, this would be somewhat nice, but is non-trivial for allan to
implement.  We might see something like that at some point, or we might not.
Keep your fingers crossed.

Incidentally, I'm sure allan has seen the first 3 times you requested this
feature.  I really think he's gotten the message by now that you really really
want it.  I'm not sure that asking any more times is going to help our case
though. ;)