[TxMt] Enhancement of Math commands: overwrite previous results

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 11 16:39:21 UTC 2007

On 20. Jan 2007, at 18:17, Timothy Bates wrote:

> 1. Currently, if you have some numeric data and do a math
> evaluation, for
> instance
>
>   60 + 220  = 280
>
> If you do a new evaluation on that line, the result is
>   60 + 220  = 280 standard_in) 1: parse error
>
> SUGGESTION to the math maintainer: Might you alter the code to
> delete the
> contents of the line or selection subsequent to an "=" character,
> before
> evaluating?

It’s a good idea, and was actually suggested once before -- but
personally I probably won’t find much time for this in the nearest
future, hopefully someone else will jump on the challenge.

> 2. The currency math commands, would it make sense to use the detected
> prefix?
>
> i.e., currently "$20 + $40" evaluates to "$20 + $40 = 60"
>
> Perhaps it should evaluate to "$20 + $40 = $60"

Probably a good idea. Not sure how much they are actually used
though. Had I not used up my quota of removing the stuff David Powers
adds, I would probably have removed them by now ;)