[TxMt] Re: Bulletin Board like editing

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 11 16:24:16 UTC 2007

On 17. Jan 2007, at 18:04, Zeitler Andreas wrote:

> But in the meanwhile i have some problems here:
> 1. There are to main Forum Softwares out there which the people
> (and me) use most. The one is vBulletin and the other is phpBB.
> These two have slight differents in their way reacting to BBCode.
> For example Lists and Links.
> vBulletin writes a link like this:
> [URL=http://www.examplesite.com]Please visit this great Page![/URL]
> phpBB writes:
> [URL="http://www.examplesite.com"]Please visit this great Page![/URL]
> (with quoation marks for the URL)
> How do i get rid of this problem? Or do i have to expand the
> Bulletin Board Language for this to work?

Not really sure what the goal is. You could make the grammar support
both forms, but of course, during insertion, you’ll need to choose
one of the two. Do you use different file extensions for the two
cases? If so, it would be easiest to create two grammars, one for
each, that have different root scopes, so you can scope snippets and
commands differently.

That is, best to make them derived from the same root, and let them
include the same base grammar (for maximum reuse).

> 2. This one is quite easy i hope ;) How do i make a submenu from
> quite similar items? Like all the List items i want to appear in
> the List submenu and so on.

Go to the bundle editor, click just the bundle name, and you have a
bundle menu editor.