[TxMt] Re: "showGuessPanel:" not working

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Feb 11 15:51:24 UTC 2007

On 11. Jan 2007, at 13:39, Sam Halliday wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2007, at 12:30, Dirk van Oosterbosch, IR labs wrote:
>> Maybe option + F2 is what you're looking for.
>
> Option-F2 just makes a "not found" noise when I use it.

A not found noise? It should open the context menu which is also
available by control-clicking or right-clicking the word.

If you are on a laptop, you may need to use fn-option-F2.

> Incidentally, I found out that TextMate has "showGuessPanel:" bound
> to "command and :"

This key binding should be pretty standard.

> so you can use that instead of my keybinding when trying the test
> cases... it still seemingly randomly works or doesn't! Is it
> working for other people? Please try a few times.

I have it just open the panel. I just tested a Cocoa field, and it
seems that it both opens the panel, and jumps to the first (or next)
misspelled word (what is also normally achieved using ⌘;)

If you open the panel after having used ⌘; it will be pre-populated
with suggestions for the misspelled word -- that might be what makes
you view it as random.

It might be good to make it consistent with cocoa fields, though IMO
⌥F2 is an easier alternative -- having a key to replace with best
guess, without bringing up any UI, is planned.