[TxMt] finding path of current file...

Nicolas Weber nicolasweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 11 15:25:44 UTC 2007

> now is there was a way to "create textmate document here" - like an
> explorer shell extension in windows... when browsing a folder in the
> finder. (maybe this is a quicksilver thing?)

The easiest way to do this with vanilla os x is to open a new
document in textmate, hit cmd-s, drag the folder you want to save
this in into the save box (which will then change into that
directory), enter a filename, hit enter.
You can drag the 'proxy icon' of the directory as well (proxy icon =
the icon in the title bar).

The easiest way to add a real 'create textmate document here' is
probably with OnMyCommand, but there are other easy ways for sure. I
have an 'open terminal here' context menu entry which I use with
'mate filename' to open new textmate files where I want. I need the
terminal anyways most of the time, so this is more useful for me.

HTH.